We are a small but growing House of Prayer (HOP) and ran our first internship in
the summer of 2017. We are planning to start our next internship in September 2019.
- Do you feel called to ministry in a house of prayer?
- Do you want to explore what ministry in a HOP would look like?
- Do you believe God is calling you to start a hop?
- Are you just curious about what a HOP is?
- Do you simply want to give a few months to seeking God more intentionally?
- Do you want to grow In prayer and worship?
If any of these apply to you get in touch and we can look together at whether this
would be the right thing for you and us!
The internship would consist of 2 parts:
Part 1 - 3 months of focussed teaching, training and participation in the house of
Part 2 - 3 months serving in the HOP alongside the full-time and part-time intercessory
missionaries and the community volunteers.
The next internship will start in September 2019. The closing date for completed
application forms is August 1st.
We may be able to consider part-time attendance of the internship, which may be suitable
for local people remaining in part-time employment, or in some circumstances attending
The timetable will include:
- time in the prayer room
- teaching subjects including: Intimacy with God, End-times, The Father heart of
God, Sermon on the mount, Aspects of who Jesus is
- training in subjects including: Harp and bowl worship, Prayer, Biblical meditation,
How to spend time in the prayer room
- for singers, musicians, worship leaders there will be opportunities to develop
your skills in the context of the prayer room
- time to grow in the prophetic
- service in the HOP (e.g. admin, cleaning, greeting)
- possibly service in an organisation external to the prayer room (such as care homes,
healing on the streets, youth ministry)
- optional opportunity to learn and grow skills in PA and/or Audio-visual (words
- optional opportunity to grow in art, dance or other creative areas
You will need to fill out an application form which will include 2 references, one
of which should be from a leader in your local church.
There will be a small charge of £50 towards internship costs and materials. No one
in the hop is paid, so interns are expected to raise their own support, both financial,
and (not unimportantly) in prayer. Interns will ,therefore, have to provide for their
own living expenses, including accommodation as unfortunately we are currently unable
to provide the latter.
Please contact us for an application form, or if you have any questions.